Saturday, February 19, 2011

Cricket World Cup 2011

Good Day to all the Readers,
This is my first post of 2011 and it's about Cricket. That's right. India is crazy about cricket and I'm a crazy Indian. I used to watch cricket. Still do. But not as crazy about Cricket, as I was before.
But it's world cup time. I stopped being a fanatic about cricket when I found out about football. But that's a whole other topic. Lets go to cricket now.

Ok, the cricket World Cup comes every 4 years. I have noticed that every time the world cup is played, some teams get added and some get dropped. Teams like the Netherlands, US, Canada, Bahamas, Trinidad and Tobago..they come and go. I'm not exactly sure how many teams play in each world cup.

This time India is the strong favorite to bag the world cup. They are hosting it along with Bangladesh and Sri Lanka, which I recently discovered in a buzz post. So far they have won all their encounters. The first two warm up matches, one with the champions Australia and the other with the New Zealanders. The first match, against the host nation Bangladesh India made a very huge score of 370. It was no surprise and the match was very predictable. Some people are still mad at Sehwag cos he got Sachin, the God of Cricket out, even thought he made India win :P

Cricket is so popular in India that people stop doing all their work just to watch a game of cricket where India is playing. Today I went to the gym(yeah, i go the gym sometimes :D) and wondered where all the people were. In an always crowded gym where there are usually 15 people minimum, I found only 2 people including me. Then my friend came later on and told me India was playing. Now, why didn't I remember that??
Ok, so people waste their gym membership money to watch Bangladesh batting.

What is so great about cricket anyways? People pay thousands to go the stadium and watch an almost invisible ball from distance being hit by a piece of wood, and people waiting to catch it. Why can't they just watch it on TV where they can watch it close up? The atmosphere may be..to cheer on their favorites..Supporters are what makes games what they are.

Cricket I must say is more fun to play than to watch. But the fun lasts only during the batting and the bowling part. At other times, you just have to stand and stare, under the hot sun as the ball passes by you.

Coming back to the world cup....

I'm going to sleep. Keep you eyes fixed on the TV screen.(get a LED TV for the best experience)

Bye Bye..

1 comment:

  1. nice :) humorous:)
    a football lover writing about cricket :) ...
    try to update it..till the final match of the WC :)

    ReplyDelete