Wednesday, February 1, 2012

LFC


It was ten years ago I think and I had no interest whatsoever in the game of football; Never watched football before nor had played it anywhere. My brother was watching a football match on TV and the teams that were playing were Liverpool and Manchester United. Manchester United wore red shirts and Liverpool green. Like any normal siblings, we always fought. My brother said he rooted for the red team and so I had to support the green team. Every time the ball went to Liverpool I screamed GOAL!!. The first half finished goal-less. It was starting to get boring.


Finally in the dying minutes, a Liverpool player was one-on-one with opposition goal keeper. He slotted it past the goal keeper. GOAL!!!. This time it was actually a goal. 1-0 the final scoreline. I was elated because the team I supported won. The man who scored was Michael Owen and ever since then I have been a Liverpool fan and Michael Owen was my childhood hero.


I then researched about Liverpool and came to realize what a rich history they had and were one of Europe's best. My favorite players are Gerrard, Owen, Alonso, Riise and Torres. My favorite goal is Steven Gerrard's goal against Olympiakos. My favorite matches are the 2005 finals against AC Milan and the FA cup final against West Ham. Through thick and thin times I have been a supporter of Liverpool and will always be. Red for Life.





2 comments: