Saturday, March 19, 2011

Trip to Coimbatore: The sequel



Hi readers who have come here on your own and those asked by me to come,
This is a sequel to Trip to Coimbatore. Read it if you haven't.

Last time on Trip to Coimbatore...

It was the end of day one and it was time to go to bed. I went to my bed and found all my belongings gone. What?How??!!!

OK...I was looking at the wrong bed. My things were there, just where I left them. How stupid of me? !! ? I always do this :) Keep things in one place and look elsewhere.


Ok, it was day 2 of Kriya. It is uneventful from here on. The symposium events went on. We couldn't get anywhere after going to the second round. It was 4 pm and I was getting hungry. Manoj had gotten into the second round of some event. I decided to go out for an ice cream in that bakery outside. It started raining when I was having the nutty choco bar. I was waiting to cross the road to get back to the college. It took me 6 minutes and 24 seconds to cross it. That was when I realized how hard it was to cross a road. I was wet and the hair on my head was not standing as usual.

It was the grand quiz and I sat there in the auditorium. The questions were projected onto the wall and we were required to write the answers on a piece of paper. I couldn't find the answer to more than 2 or 3 questions out of 30. Nothing more to about that :P. Same with the sports and entertainment quiz the next day.


The rain stopped and we played box cricket with TSR and his hostel friends. I've never seen that before anywhere. There is a large box draw on the sand and we had to play inside it. You're out if you hit the ball outside the box directly, without touching the ground. There was a stall that sold books in the college. I bought a really old story book for Rs. 10 :) There was a chocolate fountain too!!♥

It was the night then and we were going to eat outside. We got into a city bus with the hostel friends and it lead us to a remote area outside town. Then we walked for over a kilometer and then I could see "SUBWAY". How come there is no Subway in Madurai?We each had a Submarine Sandwich. My first ever. We then headed back to the hostel. With tired legs, sleep was easy to come. In the morning we got our participation certificates, bade goodbye to TSR and PSG; left for the bus stand :)


We decided not to have lunch. So, we drank a glass of Watermelon juice and bought a pack of biscuits. This time it was better, the trip :) We sat next to an old man and there was no drunken man in the vicinity. It was not cold and the sun was shining. Not too much though. The bus journey was for four hours. I was reading the book I'd gotten for 2 hours and looking out the window for the other three :) We finally reached Madurai and that is it for now. The trip ended here :)

No comments:

Post a Comment